Eco Up the Holiday
This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info.Thank you for supporting me!
Did you know that in the US during the holiday season we produce 25% more waste? 25 million tons of extra waste in the span of just one short month. According to Stanford University "If every American family wrapped just three presents in reusable material, it would save enough paper to cover 45,000 football fields." Can you see the trees laying there instead of paper? So much waste, but unfortunately wrapping waste is not the only waste produced through the holidays. Discover all the way's to reduce your waste this holiday season.
Recycle Old Newspapers Photo Credit: ariyonainterior.com
Holiday Parties and Celebrations
Don't get me wrong the convenience of using disposable plates, silverware, cups and bake during parties is so much easier then washing all those dishes. Not only does it cost money each party your produce waste for the landfills that can be reduced. I have created ways to swap out items to produce less waste and you can celebrate eco-consciously.
- Replace plastic produce bags with Bento Bags
- Try to avoid buying pre-made platters as the come in plastic
- Break down cardboard box's and recycle or re-purpose
- Create a list of food and stick to it helping you avoid over buying or impulse purchasing.
- Create recipes with leftovers
- Try to avoid over baking. I know that is a tough one right, so turn your extra baked items into gifts!
- Swap a few cards for E-Cards
- Replace a few cards with a handcrafted card made from recycled materials
- Have your cards printed on recycled paper
- Send one less card this year
Hello, Welcome to Your Toxic Free Momma!
My name is Channon, encouraging healthier choices for you, your family and our planet one swap at a time. Sharing products that really work, ways to be more budget friendly, food that is real while also tasting good, convince and life as a mom, wife, small business owner, your friend and planet lover!