Whether you are or are not living a green lifestyle, one thing we can all agree on is bacteria on towels is gross. Fun fact: Traditional towels have bacteria left on them after three washes. You end up wiping that bacteria onto your clean skin, day after day. Before we get into what your towels should be made from, let's discuss why traditional towels are not healthy for us.
Why Traditional Towels Are Toxic to your HealthTraditional towels are made of petrochemicals, which are created from petroleum and natural gas. Some of the ingredients used to create towels are:
- Rayon - manufactured fiber made from wood and agricultural products.
- Polyester - synthetic fiber made from plastic materials. Polyester is harmful to your health because the material does not stretch, absorb sweat or allow your skin to breath. In turn suffocating your skin not allow your toxins to leave your body. This can allow your body to absorb the toxins causing skin rashes, burning, or itching.
- Synthetic Fibers - fibers made by humans using chemicals derived of coal and petroleum.
Take away is that traditional towels are full of toxic chemicals that can be adsorbed into your skin and body. These chemicals have been linked to nausea, headaches, burning, itching, rashes, cancer, poor skin and mind health. Before moving on take a moment to think about your clothing. If the materials are any of the above it can be the same problems. Toxins being absorbed into you skin daily over and over. They have 100% organic cotton, bamboo and hemp clothing options that are actually fashionable!
Why Switch to Organic TowelsOrganic towels are created using organic cotton, reasonably sourced bamboo and/or hemp.
- Bamboo is biodegradable, grown naturally and harvested sustainable. Since it grows naturally there is no need to spray it with pesticides or worry if it has been genetically modified. Bamboo is super soft and thanks to it antimicrobial factor, will not mold. That means no more smelly mildew towels, and no more bacteria left on your towels.
- Organic Cotton grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and build biologically diverse agriculture. Cotton is lightweight, durable and breathable making it perfect for towels and clothing! Even though organic cotton doesn't get sprayed with all those pesticides, pest will still attack the crop in turn some farmers choose a natural pesticide. Do your homework when looking into organic cotton, ask questions and find a company you can trust! I will tell you all about my TOWL towel soon!
- Hemp is made from the fibers in the herbaceous plant of the species cannabis sativa. It's a high-yield crop that produces significantly more fiber per acre than either cotton or flax. Hemp is UV and mold resistant, lightweight, absorbent and durable.
Take away, organic towels are a much better option, not only will you not be spreading bacteria on to your skin, your body will not be absorbing toxic chemicals day after day. Super soft, antimicrobial and breathable are all things your want to hear when thinking about towels!
Ready to Ditch Your Traditional Towel
If you are ready to ditch your traditional towels today, then look no further that here. I have done all the research for you and found the most absorbent, soft, durable, big size and hypoallergenic towel ever. TOWL towels are created using sustainable goods, fair trade practices and hand finished by craftsmen in Portugal. TOWL products are certified by the Swiss organization Oeko-Tex and received the class I certification, which is the highest safety standard for final products. This certification ensures that TOWL products are free from harmful chemicals or substances. Some TOWL products also carry a GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification. GOTS is recognized as the leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers worldwide. It ensures strict compliance with environmental standards throughout the production process. TOWL towels are made up of 75% bamboo and 25% organic cotton, making them non toxic, antibacterial, elegant and silky soft. By absorbent I mean absorbent, I am 5'1 115 lbs with hair down to my low back and can be completely dry using only the hand towel. When I was finished the hand towel was barley wet but my hair and body were dry. You will truly be wrapping yourself with the biggest self love hug you could give yourself or someone else. These towels make a great gift option and they have baby towels! Head over to there site now and join there email list and take advantage of 15% off your first time order plus they offer free US shipping on orders of $50 or more! Trust me you will want to get wet just to use the towels! Shop Here