What Should Be Inside Mineral Makeup
Words to Avoid
- Dimethicone - Silicon
- Cyclomethicone - Silicon
- Talc Powder
- Methylparaben, propylparaben, ehylparaben, or butylparaben (Paraben)
- Phthalates - Fragrance/Parfum
- Corn Starch
- Kalion Clay - Not harmful but very oil absorbent, which can result in dryness of the skin.
- Ultramarine Blue
- Titanium Dioxide
- Natural occurring mineral used to lighten and work together with Zinc Oxide to provide UVA/UVB protection. It is Non-Nano meaning that it will not penetrate the skin. It allows good adhesion while leaving you with a matte finish. Non skin irritant.
- Zinc Oxide
- Uncoated non-nano zinc particles that won’t penetrate the bloodstream. Natural occurring mineral found in the earth's crust, used as a soothing factor for your skin and provided UVA/UVB protection. Provides whiting color, coverage and adhesion.
- Natural occurring mineral used to give makeup the slip factor. Transparent powder can be mixed with Iron Oxides to create shimmer. Provides a smooth matte finish. Non skin irritant.
- Iron Oxide
- Natural occurring mineral used to give color. Non skin irritant
- Licorice Root Powder
- Ground dried licorice root promotes balanced oil production and skin hydration. We add it to our Mineral Concealer to soothe and brighten inflamed and irritated skin, covering dark under eye circles, blemishes and unwanted marks. Non skin irritant.
Mineral makeup is hypoallergenic, lightweight and provides about a 15 SPF. Safe for all skin types. Few Mineral Makeup Tips:
- If skin is dry, exfoliate before applying and use a primer. This way the powder won't look patchy.
- Be sure to tap off any extra powder over the jar before applying to face.
- If using a primer or moisturizer under makeup, be sure to allow time for your face to dry completely before apply mineral makeup. No body wants a clumpy look.
XO Channon Adams
Hello, Welcome to Your Toxic Free Momma!
My name is Channon, encouraging healthier choices for you, your family and our planet one swap at a time. Sharing products that really work, ways to be more budget friendly, food that is real while also tasting good, convince and life as a mom, wife, small business owner, your friend and planet lover!